Blackfriars HV Cabling Diversions (Blackfriars Station Reconstruction)
Balfour Beatty Engineering Services Limited, Power Systems, Unit 5, Greenwich Centre Business Park, 53 Norman Road, Greenwich, London SE10 9QF
As part of the major station reconstruction of Blackfriars Station a new transformer room was constructed adjacent the westbound LUL District Line platform. In order to provide the required HV cable connections to the transformer room cable diversions were required to HV cables F600 & F630 and Pilot cables P413 & P414.? HV cables F600 & F630 and pilot cable P414 originally ran along the tunnel wall adjacent to the eastbound running line and entered the eastbound platform invert. These cables were diverted over to the tunnel wall adjacent to the westbound running line to enter the westbound platform invert.
- Site surveys
- Production of cable route designs and photo sketches
- Production of detailed drawings for bespoke cable hangers and brackets.
- Structural detailed designs and structural assessments
- Track clearance measurements
- Production of detailed track clearance drawings
- Production and supply of design check certificate(s)
- Production and supply cutting drilling and fixing logs
- Production and supply design risk assessments
- Specifications for civil/structural works
- Attendance at design reviews
- Intrusive surveys
- Preparation of concessions
- Preparation of Conceptual Design Statements (CDS)
- Preparation of Compliance Submissions
District Line running tunnels adjacent Blackfriars Underground Station, and station platforms.