Traction Power Upgrade (Victoria Line Upgrade)
LUL Nominee BCV Limited, Templar House, 81-87 High Holborn, London WC1V 6NU
Survey, design, specification and preparation of assurance documentation for the Traction Power Upgrade on the Victoria Line, including the provision of upgraded traction power supplies from 15 sub-stations, the upgrade of 42 section switches within the operational (deep tube) railway environment, the replacement of 17 section switches within the Victoria Line Depot at Northumberland Park, and the upgrade of the traction feeder cabling to the depot entry roads.
The works involved the survey, assessment and detail design of cable routes and cable management systems for new traction power cables, together with the fixing and cabling of the new upgraded remote control motorised section switches, and included track clearance approval drawings for all cables, equipment, and fixings.
Previous projects included the first two interim phases of the Victoria Line Traction Power Upgrade with work at 6 of the sub-stations and the temporary upgrade of 20 section switches.
- Site surveys
- Production of cable route designs and photo sketches
- Structural detailed designs and structural assessments
- Track clearance measurements
- Production of detailed track clearance drawings
- Section switch replacement surveys
- Production and supply of design check certificate(s)
- Production and supply cutting drilling and fixing logs
- Production and supply design risk assessments
- Specifications for civil/structural works
- Attendance at design reviews
- Intrusive surveys
- Production of electrical drawings depicting the earthing and bonding arrangements
- Preparation of concessions
- Preparation of Conceptual Design Statements (CDS)
- Preparation of Compliance Submissions
Victoria Line: Brixton to Walthamstow Central (approx 21Km), Northumberland Park Depot