Butler & Young Associates has provided Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services to the UK Railway Industry for over 25 years, working with Network Rail, London Underground Limited, and many Train Operating Companies across the country.
Butler & Young Associates has extensive experience of working with both Network Rail and London Underground Limited within Framework and Call?Off contracts and the company has held Framework Agreements with London Underground Limited continuously since 1996. Design, survey and project administration services provided by Butler & Young Associates within the railway environment include:
- General electrical & mechanical services (including heating, ventilation, air conditioning and drainage) for:
- Train crew accommodation
- Administration buildings
- Platform and station lighting.
- Yard and car park lighting.
- Automatic ticket gate installations.
- Transformer sub-stations.
- HV and LV switchgear installations.
- HV and LV cable installations.
- DC traction cabling.
- Cable management systems (for DC traction, HV, LV and signalling cabling systems).
- Earthing and bonding.
- Compressed air installations.
- CCTV & PA installations.
Butler & Young Associates is registered with Link-Up (Supplier Registration 1162) for a wide range of electrical and mechanical design services and the company has accreditation to BS EN ISO 9001:2008 for the provision of professional services including project management, the design of building engineering services and monitoring of site activities. The management system also incorporates the requirements of BS EN ISO:14001 with respect to environmental control procedures and design procedures.